Sie befinden sich hier:
A computer engineer by training, I’m interested in developing and applying machine learning methods in the field of common genetic disorders. I’m especially interested in major psychiatric disorders, whose polygenic architecture poses a fascinating problem in terms of both biological interpretation and risk prediction. As part of my PhD, I’m exploring ways of exploiting functionally informed multi-dimensional pathway based polygenic risk scores to enhance risk prediction, differentiate between symptom subgroups, elucidate the mechanisms involved in disorders such as schizophrenia and bipolar disorder, as well as the differences and common ground in their genetic architectures.
Lebenslauf M.Sc. Georgia Panagiotaropoulou
- seit 2018: Doktorandin, Labor für Statistische Genetik, Klinik für Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie, Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin
- 2017 - 2018: Wissenschaftliche Mitarbeiterin, Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging & Harvard Medical School
- 2013 - 2017: Wissenschaftliche Mitarbeiterin, Computer Science, Speech Communication and Signal Processing Group, National Technical University of Athens (NTUA)
- seit 2016: Wissenschaftliche Mitarbeiterin, Sensorimotor Control Lab, University Mental Health Research Institute, University of Athens
- 2015: Diploma in Electrical & Computer Engineering, National Technical University of Athens (NTUA)